Orthopedic Surgery Sports Medicine Lead Physician
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine seeks an academic Orthopedic Surgery Sports Medicine Lead Physician for a new surgical sports program at a Division One School. The incoming lead physician will embark on an exciting opportunity in the vibrant Rio Grande Valley Region of South Texas. Join a dynamic School of Medicine that is a hub for faculty expansion and leadership prospects. As the lead Ortho-Sports physician, you will spearhead the D1 program and local high schools. A state-of-the-art orthopedic center is coming soon, promising a self-contained space for comprehensive care. You can expect a schedule that balances clinic and OR time with protected hours, which will evolve into an enriched experience in the new facility. Elevate your career with a competitive offer and benefits.
· Physician Leadership Role — experienced candidates or recent graduates who will benefit from the guidance and mentorship of a seasoned physician will have the opportunity to lead the sports medicine program at a D1 university, including a new D1 football program
· State-of-the-Art Facilities — new cutting-edge outpatient facilities designed for the Department of Orthopedics
· Experienced Orthopedic Team — collaborate with a skilled orthopedic team, including a BC Hand surgeon, BC foot and ankle surgeon, and BC sports medicine surgeon
· High-Growth Area — join one of the fastest-growing areas in Texas, offering a large patient draw area and opportunities for professional and programmatic growth
· Division 1 Football Team — lead physician for the UTRGV Vaqueros football program
· Program Development — contribute to the growth and development of the Ortho-Sports surgery program, putting your professional stamp on its success
· New Medical School and Orthopedic Programs — be part of a newer medical school with evolving orthopedic programs with the opportunity to shape and influence the future of orthopedic care
· Specialized Focus — focus exclusively on Ortho-Sports with no trauma call
Nestled in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley, Edinburg, TX, offers exceptional entertainment, arts and culture, recreation, and education. Located in South Texas, this economically booming area provides numerous recreational adventures, with many parks, trails, and the Edinburg Scenic Wetlands & World Birding Center, with 40 acres of scenic wetlands in the middle of an urban landscape.
· Enjoy a very comfortable quality of life and affordable living
· Live in an educational hub, with The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley boasting one of the most beautiful campuses in Texas
· A rich history reflected in the city's architecture, museums, and cultural events
· Embrace a melting pot of cultures and local traditions that create a rich tapestry of community life
· A pleasant climate encourages an active outdoor lifestyle, with proximity to South Padre Island and the Gulf of Mexico offering beautiful beaches just a short drive away
· The Museum of South Texas History's permanent and traveling exhibits, along with its Spanish Colonial Revival style Grand Lobby, offer a glimpse into the region's rich history and culture
· Experience authentic Mexican cuisine and many other culinary delights
To Apply- Please email your CV and Letter of Interest to David King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Orthopedic Surgery Sports Medicine Lead Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly