Enterprise Center Director, Adult Reconstruction
Cleveland Clinic is recruiting an Enterprise Center Director of Adult Reconstruction Orthopaedic Surgery. This role is responsible for overseeing and advancing the clinical, educational, research, and innovative initiatives within the Adult Reconstruction Orthopaedic Surgery department across the Cleveland Clinic’s global footprint The ideal candidate will possess a history of strong operational and academic leadership, managerial acumen, vision about the future of Adult Reconstruction, a deep understanding of joint reconstructive surgery, and be a recognized leader in this specialty.
Key responsibilities include:
- Clinical Operations
- Implement best practices, policies, and protocols to ensure high-quality, efficient, and best-in-class patient care, safety and clinical operations.
- Foster a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement within the clinical setting and across all regions (Ohio, Canada, Florida, and London).
- Talent Management
- Recruit, mentor, and develop an outstanding team of surgeons, residents, and fellows.
- Provide guidance and support for professional development, fostering a high-performance environment.
- Drive and oversee research initiatives, encouraging groundbreaking studies and advancements in Adult Reconstruction Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Expand research findings through publications and presentations at conferences.
- Work closely with the Departmental research leaders to expand the infrastructure necessary for more discovery, innovation, and achievement.
- Implement innovative teaching methodologies and ensure adherence to accreditation standards across Cleveland Clinic’s global footprint.
- Foster an environment conducive to learning and knowledge exchange.
- Collaborate with industry partners, facilitate clinical trials, and assess emerging trends to enhance patient care.
- Encourage a culture of creativity and exploration within the department.
- Meaningfully contribute to developing national and international clinical standards for adult reconstructive surgery.
- Leadership Experience
- Provide visionary and effective leadership, setting strategic goals and priorities aligned with Cleveland Clinic's mission and values.
- Collaborate with other departments, senior leadership, and stakeholders to drive interdisciplinary collaboration and initiatives.
- Board certification in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Fellowship training in Adult Reconstruction.
- Extensive experience in Adult Reconstruction Orthopaedic Surgery with a proven track record of leadership.
- Strong managerial, organizational, and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive clinical excellence, research, education, and innovation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Enterprise Center Director of Adult Reconstruction Orthopaedic Surgery plays a pivotal role in shaping the future of orthopaedic surgery, driving innovation, fostering talent, and ensuring exceptional patient care within the department and across our global enterprise. This position will report to the Enterprise Department Chair of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Enterprise-wide, the Cleveland Clinic Adult Reconstruction team consists of 46 surgeons, 8 additional non-operative physicians and 52 advanced practice providers. In 2023, the Adult Reconstruction team completed 99,245 E&Ms and 15,673 surgeries. Cleveland Clinic’s number of total joint replacements completed with robotic support is among the highest in the US with over 10,000 robot-assisted joint replacements completed.
Cleveland Clinic's vision is to become the best place for care and the best place to work in healthcare. We are committed to providing a safe, stable, and financially fulfilling work environment. Even in these uncertain times, Cleveland Clinic is ambitiously investing in growth. Being a physician-led organization means doing what is best for the patients, every day. Cleveland Clinic has been recognized by the American Medical Association's 2022 Joy in Medicine™ Health System Recognition Program.
Cleveland Clinic is one of the world's largest and busiest health centers.Patients come to Cleveland Clinic from all over the world. We offer advanced treatment for all illnesses and disorders of the body.
Cleveland Clinic is a nonprofit, multispecialty academic medical center that's recognized in the U.S. and throughout the world for its expertise and care. Cleveland Clinic integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, it was founded in 1921 by four renowned physicians with a vision of providing outstanding patient care based upon the principles of cooperation, compassion and innovation. Cleveland Clinic has pioneered many medical breakthroughs, including coronary artery bypass surgery and the first face transplant in the United States. U.S. News & World Report consistently names Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation’s best hospitals in its annual “America’s Best Hospitals” survey. Among Cleveland Clinic’s 72,500 employees worldwide are more than 5,050 salaried physicians and researchers, and 17,800 registered nurses and advanced practice providers, representing 140 medical specialties and subspecialties. Cleveland Clinic is a 6,500-bed health system that includes a 173-acre main campus near downtown Cleveland, 21 hospitals, more than 220 outpatient facilities, including locations in northeast Ohio; southeast Florida; Las Vegas, Nevada; Toronto, Canada; Abu Dhabi, UAE; and London, England. In 2022, there were 12.8 million total outpatient visits, 303,000 hospital admissions and observations, and 270,000 surgical cases throughout Cleveland Clinic’s health system. Patients came for treatment from every state and 185 countries.
Cleveland Clinic has been named one of America's Best Employers for Diversity in 2023.
Cleveland Clinic values a culture where caregivers integrate diversity and inclusion to serve our patients, one another, and our global communities.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Smoke/drug free environment.